Nov 23, 2014

Leaving a Legacy

God has really pushed the two of us this week, not only to our limits, but also extended our view of who we thought He was in many ways.

We  found out that we are proud parents of a little girl!  I can't believe that God trusts me to raise a little girl, but I trust He knows best and will make me into the most capable father.  God grant me the grace and energy for children, my living legacy.  Daughter, I love you more than words can describe.  I will do my best to follow after our Father's heart and set an example of what true love looks like.


Just when you think that you understand who God is, He laughs and blows your mind. This week we watched video lectures on living a Biblical worldview. We were taught how to seek after the Father's heart by using an Old Testament structure.  Everything from government to education was covered.  God really knows what He is doing doesn't He?

I am challenged to stop reading the Bible in a lazy way believing that it is all allegory with some history thrown in for good measure.  The videos changed our view of how we approach our ministry.  Too many times have we just expected God to send down miracles without us doing any work. God is big enough to perform this way, but if He is asking me  to join Him in work, who am I to say no.  I am tired of expecting God to rain down manna while I am now in the Promised Land.  He will bless us, but He is asking us to be odeient in action.  

We were so blessed to be apart of the YWAM Ireland meeting on Monday.  It was so encouraging to hear about just how much God has done in this beautiful country in the last 7 years.  It reminded Korina just how God works as well.  Just like Korina, YWAM experienced a death of sorts, a rebuilding on new foundation, and finally a birth. God is so awesome in fulfilling His promises!  Mama B also got to cook an awesome Chicken Tortilla soup that everyone loved!


This week is going to be a memorable week.  We celebrate the lives of two wonderful mothers in our lives.  One of which lives in heaven and the other who is going to be a grandmother for the first time. God brings it into perspective as He prepares a new mother here.  This Thanksgiving, we celebrate motherhood and everything that it entails.  Love, compassion, truth.  Our moms resemble all of these things.  They show us the tender heart of God and showcase His loving kindness.  I am one proud  husband, son and soon to be father, of all these mothers in my life.  All of you add to the legacy that I am creating for my children.  A legacy that will be overcome by God's goodness in my children's heart.  A lifestyle that resembles The Lord in any way I can.


As you prepare to give thanks to your family this week, please keep us in your prayers. We call you all family and want to know what you are up to this week so please let us know.  We need your help with financing our ministry as well.  If all of our readers would even consider donating $15, we would be blessed.  Please click here to help or e-mail us at justin.barigian@gmail.com




How are you leaving a legacy, not only for your children, but for the greater good of all of God's creation?  Live fully, to the highest calling God has for your life, and you will be amazed at the results.  We sure are.

No comments:

Post a Comment